Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Sweet Granny Jewel

My sweet Granny Jewel passed away on February 11th and was buried on February 14th. Oh how I miss her dearly. I could sit here and write for days all the things that I remember and loved about Granny. And then once it's all written down, I could go on and on about the things to add to the list. She was Wonderful. Such a Jewel. But all in all, the perfect Granny!!

Here's my sweet Granny holding her namesake, Abby Jewel. Abby was only a few hours old in this picture. I kept Abby's name a secret until we had her, because I didn't want Granny to talk me out of naming her after her. :)

And then here is Granny meeting Macy Kate for the first time over Thanksgiving weekend 2010. Such a precious time for me. She didn't care about anyone else in the room that day, just wanted to hold the new baby. :) I went away from there knowing that Macy and Abby wouldn't ever know Granny like I did, but thankful for the wonderful grandparents that they have! They will make memories that they will treasure in their hearts, as I have with Granny.

Here's our group before the Funeral.


Granny had 17 Grandkids....

and 22 Great-Grandkids.
Aunt Retha's group

Uncle Ronnie's group


Aunt Cille's group

Aunt Rena's group

Aunt Dobber's group


The kids!
(ugh...I hate my camera, it's always blurry.)

Granny's plot, right by Paw-Paw's.

Such a bittersweet day.
We love and miss you terribly sweet Granny Jewel.

No comments: