Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

23 Weeks

I'm feeling much better today. I started not feeling good on Sunday and ended up at the dr.'s office Monday morning. I diagnosed myself with strep throat before I even walked into the office. I was secretly hoping that they would just listen to me and not perform the actual strep test. I was wrong. Not only did she do the awful strep test, but she also had to take blood from BOTH arms. It was traumatic. Results came and I did not have strep, but had a bacterial infection and was anemic. To me, this sounded worse than my diagnoses. I'm doing much better now. I'm on an antibiotic and trying to eat more red meat. Which I would never dream was an issue as the Cheeseburger has always been a friend of mine and Chicken Fried Steak is becoming my new BFF.

The baby is doing great. I think I am going to start registering very soon. I'm trying to make a list of everything that I know I want so I don't forget to register for these things. I know once I get inside of Babies R Us I'll go nuts with that little registry gun. YaY!!

Please pray for my sweet husband when you read this. We found out that Stan's grandad passed away this morning. The services will be this weekend. He left us with an amazing legacy that will be forever treasured.

3 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Jillie. I'm glad you're much better now. :) And I'm glad that chicken fried steak has become your new BFF. NOT. I will kill it. We're on our way home now... Maybe we can go register together (even though it will be waaaay early for me). :)

Taylor said...

Congrats on your little girl, btw! You seem to be having the same kinda fun that I had with Jacob. I'm praying for your health!

Michael and I will also be in prayer for Stan with his grandfather. My thoughts are with all of you in this time.
~Taylor

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

My thoughts are with you and Stan. I'm sorry to hear about his grandfather.

I LOVE YOU JILL! I cannot wait to see you!