Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A new chapter in our lives...

Well, I did it! I quit my job on Monday at AT&T. We really prayed about this and feel that we have made the best decision for our family. I wanted to be able to spend as much time with Abby as I possibly could and didn't want her to be in a daycare for 10 hours a day, with people I didn't know. Which working downtown, it would have been that or longer.

So, I have accepted a position at my Church working part-time as the Head Hostess and Abby will go to the childcare on campus. I absolutely love Event Planning and have even said before that I thought that was my calling in life. So, here I go....we'll see if I love it now. I know that I will love love LOVE the fact that Abby will be right there and I can still go and see her anytime I want.

Say a prayer for us as we begin this new chapter of our lives, living on one paycheck. God has always been so faithful to provide for us and we are stepping out on faith again with Him as we move into this new phase.

As I was going in to talk to my boss, Stan's parents came down to keep Abby. So, of course, we had to take a few pictures!


Here's Abby with her Granny.

Abby and her PaPa.

Look at her sweet smile.
"Momma, why aren't you looking at me?"


"I'm gonna stick my tongue out at you!"



Here I am telling Abby the Good News!!
"Momma gets to stay home with you sweetie!"
Abby gives me a high-five.


Then she forgot what I said, so I had to tell her again! :)

To all my CompUSA/AT&T friends (I know you ALL read my blog), I will miss you all dearly. We went through so much together, it's been such a fun ride. I wish you guys all the best and hope things get better and better for you at AT&T. I'll bring Abby downtown sometime soon to have lunch. Remember if you ever need someone to cut the cake, CALL ME! I'm available. Because you know, no one can cut the cake like I could. LOL! It was fun! Keep in touch! - Jill

6 comments:

Keep Calm and Carry On said...

good for you!!

Donkeyfunny said...

She smiles just like you!

Taylor said...

That's really awesome! I'm so excited for you!

Seneca said...

So another CompUSA lad moves on. At least it was on your own terms. Congrats Jill on this next step. It's such a pleasure to have mommy at home. Parental Availability is so priceless and undervalued these days. Welcome to the club.

Jessica and Matt said...

Jillie!! I'm so glad for you!! Seriously. Surely this means we will get more time together, too. And it is all about me... So this is great!

Seriously. I know you made the right decision! Yay for you and Abbypooh!!!

Ed said...

I'm trying to get caught up with my blogging and my comments to fellow bloggers! I am happy for you and you will be missed as my cube-neighbor. One thing, how did you swing becomming HEAD hostess right out of the gate? Are the other lesser hostesses mad?insc