Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

My heart skipped a beat.....

I went to the vending machine at work a while back and grab a crinkled up dollar that I found tucked away in my wallet and went to put it in the machine. As I was smoothing it out I noticed something.....



Immediately I grabbed the dollar and took a closer look.


I realized that on this sweet dollar was my Granny's name, Jewel. In her handwriting! I must have saved it from a Christmas years ago. We play this game where we all put our names on a dollar. Then someone draws a dollar and the name on the dollar wins the whole bag of money. I remember winning once a long time ago and I must have spent all the dollars and saved Granny's, because it was tucked away in a "safe" place in my wallet. I had simply forgotten all about it.

So yes, my heart skipped a beat realizing how devastated I would have been to have spent that dollar on a bag of chips and a candy bar. And I chuckled a little too. Knowing that was Granny's little way of telling me to stop eating that junk! :)

I love the simple little reminders I get of sweet Granny. I can't believe it's been a little over 4 months since she has passed. Still miss her dearly. I hope God blesses me with these little reminders that make my heart skip a beat for the rest of my days. :)

2 comments:

D-Booth said...

Oh my goodness - this posting is bringing out all kinds of unexpected emotions in me - mainly 'cuz I've been having these {rather silly} dreams lately featuring my Paw-Paw who passed last May. I'm going to start taking them as his reminder to me to live life to the fullest and to always maintain a good sense of humor!! Anyhoo - thanks for sharing!

Kim Sweat said...

Hey Jill,
It's Melissa's mom, Kim. Your girls are getting so big. They are beautiful. I was reading your blog and had to tell you that Jewel is also a family name in our family. Scott's great-grandmother was named Fanney Jewel and then we used it for Whitney's middle name and now Nora has it for her middle name. Whitney was so excited when she heard the name of Melissa's little one. I was just up there last weekend. I had so much fun with Melissa and Chris. Nora is amazing. It is hard to live so far a way from them. I am glad to see that everything is going well. Melissa keep me up to date with your life. But, it is fun to see pictures of your family. Take care. Kim