Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 23, 2008

Our GREAT weekend

Stan and I had the best weekend. We had originally thought about going out of town this weekend for our anniversary on Tuesday. But, we decided to just stay home and relax.

Saturday morning, we woke up and went to eat at "The Original Pancake House". It was so yummy! I had read that Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo eat there for breakfast sometimes, so I wanted to go and try it. I looked around for them, but they weren't there. ;) We came home and I made an executive decision that I wasn't going to clean house or wash any clothes all day long. Such a great feeling. So, we went outside and played a little bit of "golf" in our backyard....or you could call it "hit the ball through the circle on the chair". I must say that I'm really good. I came in second place!!

Then I watched as Stan worked on my car. Someone moved the corner of our garage out about 6 inches and I ran right into it as I was pulling in. He worked hard at buffing all the white paint off my bumper. We went to the pool for the afternoon and enjoyed the sunshine and had dinner with our friends Tres and Stacey that night. It was such a great day doin' life together.

After church on Sunday I got really sick....just trust me here....really sick. So, I went home and took a nap. I woke up to the home phone ringing, which we never answer so don't call us at home if you need us. As the phone was ringing, I felt the baby again!!! He or She was tapping me gently. It was like the baby was saying, "Excuse me?...are you going to answer that?!" So sweet. I got up and woke Stan up to tell him.

As the night went on, so did my craving. The only things that I have been craving lately are cold things, such as..ice, Icee's, Slurpee's, snow cones, and a new one......Pop-Ice! I saw a little boy at the pool yesterday eating one and wanted to grab it from him and take off. It looked so good! In case you aren't familiar with this little piece of frozen sugar water with food coloring bit of wonderfulness...here's a picture:


We went to Tom Thumb last night to please my new craving and buy some Pop-Ice. I decided that the 16 count box was plenty and that I didn't need the 100 ct just yet. But sadly, they don't come frozen, you have to freeze them yourself. So, I took my Pop-Ice home placed them in the freezer. No such luck that my freezer would cooperate and freeze in super high-power mode. I tried to stay up until my Pop-ice froze completely, but I just couldn't make it. So, tonight it is....Pop-Ice for dessert!!! YAY!

5 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

You felt it again--yay!!! Girl, I know what you mean, too, about the popsicles. Yum!

Niki said...

You crack me up!! I can't believe somebody moved your garage corner out, how rude! THEY should have come over and buffed the paint off your car! :)

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

Pop Ice... MMmmm. We had our "kiddie" twirling camp 2 weeks ago, and those were the snack for one day-ever since I've been wanting another popsicle! Haha! I love you Jilly!

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

what a narrative--I love it!!

Jessica and Matt said...

Happy ANNIVERSARY!!! 2 years--nice! :)