Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I fell down....

Before I begin, for my family's sake, I must say that I'm okay and the baby is okay.

I spent Friday night in Greenville with my mom because Friday was her birthday. On Saturday when we got up and around we decided to take Drew and Caden to McDonald's for lunch. We got our food and sat in the play area for the boys' sake. I decide to get some napkins and wash my hands. I go back inside and get the napkins, return to the table and then leave again to wash my hands. As I walk out of the play area, in front of the soda section, I slip and fall. I fell on my hands and knees and almost did the splits on the way down. I didn't feel anything in my stomach at all, but it was by no means a graceful fall.

As I'm on the ground, THEN I see the "CAUTION wet floor CAUTION" sign underneath the table to my right. NOT on top of the muddy-watery-slippery floor.....disgusting. It was completely out of the way so that someone like myself would have plenty of room to fall and do the splitz on the ground. I brushed myself off and told myself to just go to the bathroom, hopefully no one saw me. As I turn the corner, I notice the second "CAUTION wet floor CAUTION" sign underneath the tall chair on my right, again not on any portion of the wet floor and completely out of the way for all falls to come.

As you would know it, the non-graceful fall was seen by everyone. A girl from the counter yells, "Ma'am are you okay?" I said, "Yes, can you just get someone over here to just dry up the floor?" She immediately looked around for someone to take care of it. THEN, the 15 1/2 yr old, fake red-haired girl to the right of her said, "Well, we had two wet floor signs out." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! That was when I blew it!! I didn't care about her signs, I fell and the floor was disgusting!

I immediately stopped in my tracks and asked to see her manager. So, she tries to be funny and sent me to the lead on duty or head ice cream maker, whatever she called herself. I was livid. "Again, I need to speak to your manager." Then the Assistant Manager comes out. Seriously, what part of MANAGER does this girl not understand. By this time, "Fall-girl" is loud and is about to walk behind the counter and FIND the "real" manager or Ronald McDonald himself. Finally, the General Manager comes out with all this paperwork and binder in hand.

He takes me over to the side and asked me to fill out the claim form. By now, I'm crying. I'm so mad and my hands are shaking so badly that I'm not sure if anyone can read that form. I explained to him and on my "official" form, that I didn't care if his entire restaurant was covered in "Wet Floor" signs, I fell down and his little worker had no regard for my well-being, only the fact that she put the two signs out....out of the way for all falls. She didn't know that I was 20 weeks pregnant and that is the only thing that mattered to me at this point, besides the fact that my hands are STILL dirty. He apologized for her and said that I should consider the source, seeing how she was only in 7th grade. This made me more angry. So I should excuse her because she doesn't know how to act?!

We finished the paperwork and he asked if he could buy me lunch. I said no, just address this situation with red hair girl immediately. He said he would. I go back to the play area and see the wet floor signs had been moved to the middle of the muddy water. I sat down to eat my cold food and Caden was concerned that my eyes were so red, but not concerned enough for me to explain to him the fall, the splitz, the hidden signs, the girl with fake red hair, nothing. But what should I expect from a 4 yr old? We finally left and returned home. We were walking in the door and I said to Mama, "I can't believe I fell." Drew, said, "Did you not see the signs?" UGH!!! I was too tired to repeat my side of the story and just said......Yes.

Later that night, I went over to Jessica's and let her use her heart doppler on me, just for my peace of mind. We immediately heard the baby moving all around and then found the little heart beat. It was so sweet. I'm going to the dr on Wednesday. So all is okay, but it was a wild weekend!

8 comments:

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

I love that sweet Caden recognized your emotional state but the 15 yr old in 7th grade did not. I am SO sorry! But I'm glad you had your say with the GM. So many of us would have just hidden in the bathroom. Love love

Seneca said...

Glad you're okay!!!! All I keep hearing in my head is "Fake, red haired girl". Maybe she was Ronald McDonald's little sister.

Better yet, your story sounds like a cast of characters in a play called: "Didn't You See the Wet-Floor Sign?"

Introducing:

Jill as "Fall Girl"
7th Grade Girl as "Rude Little Fake Red-Haired Girl"
Head Ice Cream Maker as "Fake Manager #1"
Assistant Manager a.k.a "Head French Fry Maker" as "Fake Manager #2"
General Manager as "The Great Apologist"
Caden as "Concerned Caden"
Drew as "The Great Instigator"

Rebekah said...

Poor Jill! I'm glad you're ok.

P.S. I miss hearing these stories at Bible Study!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are ok. What nerve fake red haired girl had! I am so glad you stood up for yourself! She needs to learn how to act!

Precious Drew. I'm so sorry you fell. But it does make for quite a good story (or play!).

Love,
Tracy

Sharee Forman said...

Hey Jill,
That's so funny, of course I don't mind at all! Coming on your blog I recognized your blog header from David and Alli's Logo site! It's such a small world. :) And that you know both Jessicas, I think I recognize you from your comments on their blogs too. I see you guys are expecting too! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW... let me first say - I am VERY GLAD that you're fine and that baby girl Wagnon (yes, I've decided it's going to be a girl) is fine too.

With that said, I do have to say that I couldn't help but chuckle over what is a VERY serious situation - it's just that I got some serious [mental] visuals of ANGRY, pregnant Jill waiting for the REAL manager - not the head McFlurry maker or any other Mc-faker!

UGHHHH darn those kids at McDonalds!

Glad you're okay and I can't wait to find out if I'm right about Baby Wagnon!!!

The Rowe Crew said...

Oooh...I can't wait to hear about tomorrow!!!!!

Jessica and Matt said...

JILL!!! TODAY IS THE DAY YOU FIND OUT!!! I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW. THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT. OMG.