Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

25 weeks

Only 15 more weeks to go!! Oh my goodness....I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I'm afraid that after she gets here and we get to hold her, I'll be saying the same thing. Before I know it she'll be 1, then 5, then graduating from High School, then she'll probably go to the Olympics in her favorite sport (she'll qualify for 2-3 I'm sure), then graduating college, then medical school, then getting married, then having her own babies.....ugh.....they grow up so fast!! Am I weird that I'm already thinking like this and she is still in my womb?

This is what my email said today about how big she is growing:
"Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture."

I immediately got out a ruler and held it up to my stomach and almost passed out! Whoa....13 1/2 inches LONG.....that's bigger than my 12 inch ruler. And what in the world is a rutabaga?? I definitely wasn't fed those at Granny's or at home growing up. I'm not even sure that it is a food. Since I didn't have any rutabagas here at my desk at work, I started picking up things that I thought weighed 1 1/2 pounds, my stapler, tape dispenser, calculator (definitely too heavy), etc. Then I started wondering if she would have red hair or would it be blonde like S was when he was little? Not that I can do anything about her hair color, just wondering.

We took S's parents to the Rangers vs. Yankees game tonight. It was a bazillion degrees outside and I kept having to get up and walk around to get some breeze. I'm sure the fan shop workers thought I was a shoplifter or something as many times as I walked in there. I did buy the cutest Rangers maternity shirt. I'll take a picture of me wearing it and post it soon. So cute!

4 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Jill, I don't even think your mom made you eat green beans... much less rutabega (whatever it is).

And let me tell you - a lady I work with's daughter just had her little girl early... she was a "micro preemie" because she weighed less than 2 lbs. They said that she had developed as much as a 25-weeker... the pictures were amazing. So tiny and sweet, and she's gonna be okay!

Donkeyfunny said...

Heh. heh. heh. Rutabega...

Niki said...

I can just see you, sitting at work and holding a ruler up to your stomach. LOL!!!

Daphine said...

Hey Jill,

I'm glad to read you're still doing well. You are so right....they do grow up sooooooooo fast!!! It's hard to believe that my oldest will be turning fifteen this month. It seems like yesterday that we were bringing her from the hospital. The years have flown by and we have precious memories that will last a lifetime.

I'm happy for you lady!

Take care!