Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Prayers for Niki

Please take a moment to say a prayer for my sweet friend Niki. I met Niki through a Bible Study 5 years ago. She has been such a perfect friend to me. She's so kind, such a strong mentor, genuine in everything, and she even laughs at my jokes. We've studied, prayed, laughed, cried and even ran a marathon together.

Niki and her husband are expecting their first baby boy, Baby Caleb. They have recently found out that Niki has Cholestasis, which only occurs in about 1 in 1,000 pregnancies. It's a liver disease that only comes about in pregnancy and causes the mom to itch severely all over and could cause the baby to eventually go into distress. Niki is under great care from her doctors and gets to have sonograms as many times as she wants them. :) The downside is that she has to constantly count Baby Caleb's movement all day, everyday. If for any reason she feels he isn't moving enough, off to the doctor they go. Because of all of this, she will be induced no later than Oct 14th, her original due date was Nov 4th.

Please pray that baby Caleb will continue to grow healthy and strong. Also, pray that the doctors will know the absolute perfect timing to bring baby Caleb into this world, even if it is before Oct 14th. We are all so anxious to meet him!!

We love you Nikilou and are praying for you!!!

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm crying. Okay, I know, I'm pregnant and emotional. Thank you Sweetie! Love you!

And I laugh at your jokes because you are HILARIOUS!!!