Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

31 1/2 weeks dr visit

I went to the dr today for a follow-up on my gestational diabetes. Yes, I was diagnosed with this last week by my OBGYN. Come to find out, all of my sugar levels are completely normal and have been for the past 3 months. My endocrinologist isn't worried at all. No insulin and no taking of my blood sugar levels 6 times a day, I'm good to go!! Such great news. I will still continue to try and stick with the diet and just make healthier choices.

And since I'm such the exerciser, well that is at least what BOTH of my dr's think because of my 4 year ago marathon training, I won't have any issues at all. (Both dr's have known about my running in the past and I just hate to tell them now that it has been 4 years and my once a week 2 mile walking stroll is all I'm up to these days. Plus I like being reminded of how much I 'useta' run.) I'll just try to get in more walking each week.

We had class #2 of our childbirth classes at the hospital this week. The beginning of the class was primarily about bathing, changing and swaddling a baby. Stan had gone to a Daddy Boot Camp last week and was trying to be "teacher's pet" by showing off his swaddling and diaper changing skills. He did a great job.....until he handed me the baby by HER LEGS! and then SMACKED her HEAD down on the table to swaddle her up. Poor baby...I'm glad we were just practicing.

The last half of the class was all about Breast Feeding. As all the 'boobs' popped up on the big screen to show us mom's the proper positioning, Stan took it like a professional. I was the one that kept laughing. He was the one that kept trying to give me the pretend baby to see if I wanted to practice in front of everyone. No thanks!

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'll start it by going to the Mesquite Rodeo tonight! And a baby shower for Baby Girl on Saturday and another one on Sunday!! So much fun!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Yeah, I don't think I would have made it through ANY of those classes without laughing like a junior high kid.... I stayed far, far away from them! I knew better with Michael- he would have made it his mission to get me to crack!

I had some gest. diabetes issues. All my in-office "tests" came back that I was loosing everything but my socks, but ALL THREE times I took the gest screenings (a whole new meaning of not fun) I aced the tests. My doc (who I love dearly) called me a freak. :-) Who am I to argue with a professional? :-)

Niki said...

Oh, Stan. The boys work so hard ... and then they drop or smack the babies' heads.

And Rick handled the boobs a lot better than I did, too!

Jessica and Matt said...

The mesquite rodeo? So random. So I'm thrilled that you don't have "the diabetes." So glad. And I'm thinking that I'll skip those classes altogether, or just go by myself. But wait--that will be more awkward. I think I'll just skip.