Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Baby Girl's 2nd Shower

On Sunday we had shower #2 for Baby Girl. Jessica organized this shower with four of my friends. It was so girlie and so fun. It was at my cousin Leslie's beautiful house. They did such a perfect job on everything. We are so blessed to have these girls in our lives. I can't wait for Baby Girl to meet all of them. They all love her so much already!

Here are the hostesses:
back row, LadyL's...Leslie, Lori & Liz
first row, Preggies....Jessica, me & Niki
I had my very first Sprinkles Cupcake at this shower! Yum!!!

Then it was on to opening gifts. Nana, my mom, got Baby Girl the cutest little lady bug scooter to ride on.



Thanks to Tracy little girl has received her first 'organic' toys.
A stuff Pea in a Pod, Carrot and Broccoli. I think Tracy is afraid I won't teach her what those vegetables are!



Lori made the baby some BLING-BLING. Crystal covered bottle and pacifiers. Baby Girl will be blinding everyone in church with her new sparkles.


He-he-he....look at Jess's face. I think she is trying to remember if she registered for that. Butt Paste. Then look at mine. Thank goodness, I'm covering most of it with the box. My mouth is a big as the Butt Paste. And sweet Tracy, crackin' up at both of us!


Baby Girl's Pa-Pa gave her this little "lady bug" bank. With Money in it!


Then the tear-jerker gift. My mother-in-law gave Baby Girl a Heirloom basket. It contained a baby ring that belonged to Stan's Grandmother born on 4/3/25, a blanket that Stan was brought home from the hospital in, an outfit that he wore during his first winter, a spoon that was used when he was learning how to eat, and a teddy bear that was given to Harriett at her baby shower for Stan. It was just beyond sweet. Here are a few pictures. I cried the 'ugly' cry the whole time, but I just had to let it all out. I was going to explode with emotion from the day.


Here's the little ring worn by Baby Girl's Great-Grandmother.



It was an amazing day. Stan and I had so much fun going through all the presents again when I got home. He made the comment, "this little girl now has more clothes than you and I combined." Thank you all so much!!!! We truly have the best friends and family on the planet.
For more of my shower pictures, you can click on Jessica's blog. She's posted some too!

2 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Jillie! It was a lot of fun! And Stan is right--that baby has a TON of clothes now. She definitely has more clothes than I have that I can wear right now (seriously). All the little girl stuff was so sweet!

Btw--why am I in every picture with a crazy face? You can see that I'm also not even writing half the time. Thanks to Tracy's help, I think you have a complete list anyway.

And I don't think I can take credit for organizing it. Leslie (in all of her glorious OCD-ness) really took charge from the beginning, and made it happen. We kind of all tagged-teamed it toward the end. It was a lot of fun. And the other girls were so great and so easy!

Tracy said...

Yikes! It appears that some part of me managed to make it into almost every shot! I had a lot of fun.