Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Child Birth Class

Before I found my Mr. Right. I would pray that God would bring me someone who would make me laugh everyday. God heard my prayer and granted my request. The only problem is that sometimes he, my Mr. Right, makes me laugh at the wrong times! For example, last weekend when Jessica took our maternity pictures, there was a couple of times she told me to look up at Stan in his eyes. "Just gaze into his eyes" she said. Laughing the whole time, I could NOT do it. Every time I would look up at him I would start to laugh. Needless to say, those shots were not natural for us and didn't turn out.

That's kinda how last night was. I had to make an intentional effort to not look at Stan or I would just start laughing during our class. I know that we are adults now and are about to have a baby, but I just couldn't help it.

At one point, our teacher put up on the big screen these 10 different circles, going from small to large. She was showing how you dilate from 1-10. However, on the screen her 1 was about 10 inches in diameter and her 10 was about 3 feet in diameter. I took one glance at Stan and he said, "I don't think those are to scale.........are they?"

We also learned about your water breaking. I kinda got grossed out when she said it could be all different colors, clear, amber, green......yuck. As I'm getting grossed out and still confused because the teacher kept calling it, "your waters break" (plural), Stan says, "I'm gonna just keep some blankets and towels in the car."

Then she starts to talk about pushing. She said sometimes women can push between 30 minutes and 2 1/2 hours. Stan leans over and says, "Good, I'll have time to get in nine holes."

And to top it off, Stan raises his hand and decides to ask a question. I still have no idea what his question was. All I heard was, "vaginal birth". I could NOT believe those two words came out of his mouth. He didn't even crack a smile and I was completely red and choking because I was trying to not let out the loudest laugh ever.

It's all so surreal. We are going to have a little girl. She'll be ours to hold and protect and love. And I couldn't be happier with the person God gave me to take on this precious journey. I love you sweetie!

4 comments:

Seneca said...

Jill, that is of great concern to me. You know? The "Waters Breaking"! It's something that I guess you don't really think about, but I told Tess that we need to get some plastic or something to go over the mattress on her side of the bed in case her water breaks while she's sleep. Not so sure it would be too much fun cleaning it up...GROSS.

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

thanks for the laughs! :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's SO funny!

God really knew what He was doing when He brought the two of you together!

On the not so funny side - what's up with the colors of these waters that are supposed to break? If you see a certain color do you get a prize?! I'm a little concerned...

Daphine said...

This was hilarious!

You guys are having so much fun! This is how is should be though.

Thanks for the laughs!

PS....I posted an update on the Hunk Cheese on my blog haha